Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Katelyn's Christmas/Princess Tree

I love that my little girls want to put up "Katelyn's tree" in their bedroom for the holidays.  



Our first Christmas without Kate (2009), a group of teachers who worked with Scott, decorated a Christmas tree for the Festival of Trees.  It was a Princess tree in Katelyn’s honor.  It was beautiful. It had every Princess (plus Tinkerbelle) adorning its branches. And the most precious ornament was this one of our little Angel Princess Kate.  

Her tree was auctioned off to raise money for the school district.  Not long after the Festival of Trees, my doorbell rang and they delivered this sweet little tree to my home.  My dad had bought Kate's tree for me and my little family.  He wanted so much to help bring a little cheer to our home that holiday.  (I sure love my Daddy.)

I can't tell you how much it meant to me that so many people showed us love and support that Christmas.  It did my heart good.  Still today this tree brings such a sweet little spirit into our home as we celebrate the birth of the Savior.  I love to hear my little girls talk about Kate, and that she’s with Jesus celebrating His birthday with Him in Heaven.  Even my youngest daughter tells me that she loves Christmas and that she feels Katelyn in her heart.  

I'm thankful for the Savior Jesus Christ, and the light He brings to the world.  His love and light has saved me from the darkest and deepest of sorrows.  He has brought me peace like nothing else in this world ever will.  He is the Prince of Peace. The Master Healer. The Savior of the World.  I am happy to celebrate the greatest gift ever given during this time of year - and I am thankful for Him always. I love my little Princess Kate. (We can call her Princess because we know she is a daughter of a Heavenly King.) We are thankful to feel her love with us... it helps this healing heart to know she is near. Happy Holidays everyone. May you feel His peace this season, and His love year round. "God bless us every one."


No comments:

Post a Comment