My sweet girl,
I can’t help but wonder... What would you be, 14 years old on this day?
Would your hair be long and blond? Would you have braces? Would you still share your sense of humor? Or would you be so shy? Would you still love the outdoors? Would you be in dance? Or would your love be soccer? Would you be surfing by now behind the boat? Would you be a snow skier or would you rather be a snow boarder? Would you still snuggle with your momma? And still ride motorcycles with your dad? Would you be your older sister’s best friend? Would you be looking out for your little sister in Middle School? Would you be locker partners with your cousin? Would you be close to your momma? And come to tell me about your first crush? Would we be watching you grow into a beautiful young lady?
There’s so many things that I wonder... But my daughter, there are things, even after all these years, that I still know about you, and know that you would be:
You would still be so kind. You would still be looking for adventure. You’d still be so funny, always making us laugh. You would still be your momma’s sunshine. You’d still be your daddy’s little sidekick. You’d still give the best hugs. You would still warm my heart and I would still be so proud of you. Even though you are not with us to celebrate your 14th birthday today, we celebrate your life and your love. I am still so thankful that you are mine. Happy Birthday to our angel Kate. We still hold you forever in our hearts. And you continue to BE everything to me. Love, Mom ❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment